Stop birds especially Cardinals from flying into your Windows with our CARDINAL WINDOW ALERT decal. Here's how they work and what birds can see.
Sold as 1 decal that measures 48 inches x 6 inches.
Problem: Some highly territorial birds vigorously defend their territories and will even attack their own reflections in windows. When a bird attacks, it puts its own health and energy at risk. This activity can compromise the success of its nest and its brood.
Solution: Cardinal Alert is a window decal designed to be placed along the bottom edge of problem windows, eliminating reflections from birds that mount their attack from a windowsill perch.
Cardinal Alert Brings peace of mind: The bird is safe from itself and your home and office windows are no longer under attack.
Why do birds see better than humans?
- Both birds and humans have photoreceptive 'cones' in the retina located at the back of the eye. These cones allow us to see color light. The human eye contains 10,000 cones per square millimeter. Songbirds, for example, have up to 12 times this amount or 120,000 cones per square millimeter.
- In humans, these photoreceptive cones consist of three types. Each cone is sensitive to red, green, or blue light. This is called tri-chromatic color vision. Birds have an extra cone for quad-chromatic color vision. This extra cone expands the visible light spectrum, allowing birds to see ultraviolet frequencies.
- During low-light conditions, both humans and birds rely on photoreceptive µcell rods¦ in the retina. The human eye has 200,000 cell rods per square millimeter. Some birds, such as owls, have up to 1,000,000 cell rods per square millimeter.
- Bird eyes, on average, account for 15% of the mass of the bird's entire head. Human eyes, by contrast, account for less than 2% of the head.
- Bird retinas, in contrast to humans, contain no blood vessels. This prevents light scattering and thus provides birds with greater visual acuity than humans.
Your favorite songbird will notice Window Alert decals the MOMENT you place them on your window.
(Great product! With many birds attracted to the feeders around my house, flying into windows had been a problem in the past, but since I put up these decals, not a single bird has flown into a window. EVERYONE should use them!!!÷ Patricia v Monroe, CT
(I work at a car lot with a lot of glass. We've tried a lot of products and nothing has been as successful as WindowAlert in preventing unnecessary bird deaths.÷ Tony v Lexington, KY
(I received my order from last week- it's great. Please send me 50 more - we're also telling friends about them.÷ Debra v Seville, OH
"Last summer we purchased and installed your WindowAlert decals and we are elated with the outcome. Prior to the installation we were finding 12 to 18 dead birds (of all species) per year under our large picture windows. This was very disturbing to us as we built our mountain cabin to be in and with Mother Nature, and here we were killing it off. Since we installed the WindowAlert decals, we have had NO bird deaths, the decals really work. We highly recommend them. David and Nancy - Boulder, CO